3D Image Processing
3D image stacks may be enhanced, cropped, resized, etc. with:.
- Laser Sharp: pic files only. 3D brightest point projections. Animated rotations.
- Confocal Assistant: pic format files. Simple 3D brightest point projections.
- Slicer: good volume processing. Uses more accurate transparency redereing model. Allows
z-axis scaling to correct for rectangular voxels. (z scale is different from x-y scale). Generates
animation. Is difficult to use and is slower than brightest point 3D rendering. Uses tif or bmp
format file stacks, but not Bio-rad pic format.
- Voxel Blast: rapid rendering. Allows multiple channel renders of double labelled images.
Choice of render models. Can generate animations. Supports bmp, tif, bio-rad pic, raw binary
and many other image formats. A software key (dongle) is required to run this program.
- bmfunctions: command line programs process single bitmaps or bitmap stacks or series. These
programs are run from a DOS Box provided by Windows95 or WindowsNT (32 bit DMPI
DOS box) and use command line parameters. pic format images must first be converted to
bitmap series using Confocal Assistant or pic2bmp.exe.
Return to Cell Biology Confocal Home page.